1 large sesame−seed bun
Heinz hamburger relish (the red stuff)
Vlasic hamburger slices
tomato, white onion, lettuce
Pre−Prepare your Condiments:
Mix 1 Tablespoon ketchup with 1/2 Tablespoon relish, set aside. Chop the lettuce…you’ll need a handful per burger. Thinly slice the tomato and onion. You’ll need 1−2 tomato slices, and 3−4 rings of fresh onion. (These amounts are for each Famous Star )
Divide one pound of ground chuck ito 4 equal portions. On waxed paper, form each portion into 5 inch round patties. Freeze for at least an hour. Keep any spares frozen until needed. Obviously you’ll do this in advance. When cooking time draws near, toast the faces of the bun (top and bottom) on a 375 electric griddle. They should be an even tan color.
1. Preheat either an outdoor gas barbecue, or an indoor electric one. After it is pre−heated, place a still−frozen beef patty on the grill, pressing down firmly for 4−5 seconds. (This will get you the grill marks) Salt liberally. Cook for 3 minutes (gas) or 5−6 minutes (electric). Eyeball it−−−if it looks ready to turn, turn it.
2. While the beef is cooking, dress your bun as follows:
Top Half: Your pre−mixed special sauce (ketchup and relish) 1/2 Tablespoon mayonnaise Bottom Half: 1/2 Tablespoon mayonnaise 3 pickle slices 1 handful of chopped iceberg lettuce 1−2 tomato slices 3−4 fresh rings of onion
3. Turn the beef patty over, press down firmly with a spatula for 3−4 seconds, and salt liberally. (Don’t be afraid to have a few flames “kiss” the burger…they are charbroiled)
4. Place the cooked beef patty on the dressed bottom bun, add the top. Want to make a Carl’s Jr All−Star ? After placing the beef on the bottom bun, add a slice of real Amercian cheese on top of the patty, then 2 slices of cooked bacon before placing the top bun on. (Criss−cross the bacon in an X pattern)
- Spicy Beef Summer Rolls (thedailymeal.com)
- Basil Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Fried Oyster Po’Boy (thedailymeal.com)