1 pound ground chuck
1 15−ounce can of diced tomatoes (liquid included)
1 15−ounce can of red kidney beans (liquid drained)
1 15−ounce can of pinto beans (liquid drained)
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 4−ounce can diced green chilies (with liquid)
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup water
1. Brown the ground chuck over medium heat, breaking into small pieces with the spatula. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking.
2. Empty the cooked meat into a spaghetti strainer, and rinse well under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat.
3. Transfer the beef into a dutch oven, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together to combine thoroughly.
4. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Reduce the burner to low, and continue simmering 50−60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Primal Chili by Diabetes Warrior (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Blue Ribbon Chili (thebigchilicookoffevergreen.wordpress.com)
- Tasty Tuesday: Turkey & Black Bean Chili (1sentencediary.wordpress.com)