- If you are using the Ricotta cheese, mix together the confectioner’s sugar and cheese.
- Spread on a baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hrs till the cheese turns light brown and loses all moisture.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- When cool, shape into small flat balls.
- If you are using paneer, mix the paneer and sugar and shape it into flat balls.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil to yield sugar syrup.The syrup should not be too thick.
- Insert the balls one by one in the syrup and warm them up. They should become spongy.
- In the meantime, boil the half and half with the rose water. Set aside.
- Add the cardamom and nuts to the half and half. Mix well.
- Add the cooked balls to the half and half.
- Let it stay immersed for about 1 hr.
You can either chill it or serve it at room temperature.
- Spicy paneer skewers (gofullthrottlerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Cannoli Cream Dessert (cheeseandbutter.wordpress.com)
- Kanafeh (ethnicrecipes4u.wordpress.com)