1 lb Bhindi(lady finger), washed
1 large onion , sliced finely
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp amchoor
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp saunf(fennel)
2 tsp dhania powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
- Make one slit on each bhindi and set side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the stuffing masala till well browned. Not more than a minute.
- Stuff each bhindi with this masala and keep the remaining aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter add the sliced onions.
- When the onions start browning, add the remaining masala and the bhindi pieces.
- Sprinkle some water and salt and cook covered on a low flame for 30 minutes.
- Keep turning occasionally.
- When the bhindi is done, take off the stove top and sprinkle the lemon juice.Mix well.
Serve hot with chappatis/rice and dal.
- Spicy paneer skewers (gofullthrottlerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Bhendi/Okra Green Masala (cuisineindia.wordpress.com)
- Potato Curry (meenuskitchen.wordpress.com)