- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add beaten Yogurt and warm water. Whisk well to remove all lumps. The mixture should have a thick consistency. Add salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
- Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
- Add this paste to the fermented mixture. Add turmeric powder and correct seasoning.
- Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
- Grease a dhokla mold or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. In a small bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of 1 lemon. Mix well and add this to the Gram flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for sometime. Cut into squares and arrange in a serving platter/bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Bonda with mashed potato (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Tomato Pachadi (Tomato Chutney) – 1 (aahaaram.wordpress.com)
- Keema Aloo Mattar (yummyfoodmadeeasy.wordpress.com)