- Wash and soak urad dal for 6 hours.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- Add salt, asafetida, curry leaves, cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns to the batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai.
- Wet your palms and take batter into the palms. Shape into a ball and make a hole with the thumb in the center like a doughnut. This is now called a vada.
- Deep fry the vadas in medium hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with Sambhar and Coconut chutney.
- Erucheri (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Buttermilk Curry/ Morr Kulambu (bluebottlesky.wordpress.com)
- Venn pongal (ownchef.wordpress.com)